As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1.31-2.6

1.31 8 miles treadmill (2% incline) in 58:13.

2.1 5 miles (AM) Treadmill (2% incline) in 35:30. 7 miles PM. 2 miles warm up, Then 4by 1200's on treadmill (2% incline) with 65 seconds rest. Splits were 3:47,3:47,3:44, 3:44, which equates to track times of 3:44, 3:44, 3:43, 3:41. 2 miles cool down.

I am very satisfied with this workout. I cant believe I only took 65 seconds rest. I am really feeling like I am getting into some very serious shape.

2.2 8 miles in 59:13. (Treadmill at 2% incline)

2.3 10 miles in 68:03 on treadmill at 2% incline.

2.4 5 miles AM 34:30 on treadmill at 2% incline with 6 strides. 7 miles pm in 50:50 on treadmill at 2% incline.

I had wanted to do a tempo run tonight, but I had previously been forced to get on my roof and break up ice to stop some leaking---and it torched my legs. I was totally exhausted, too, so this 7 mile run was a grind. I'm bummed, but I had nothing in the tank tonight.

2.5 12 miles easy in 91:37 on treadmill at 2% incline.

2.6 2 miles warm up. 5 mile tempo in 27:48 on treadmill at 2% incline, which equates to 27:18 outside on track at 5:27 pace. 2 miles cool down.

I felt very strong for this tempo. My legs were shot the last few days, but today I felt strong and went for it.

71 miles for the week.

This was a very solid week with 2 hard work outs and 2 longer runs. My training is paying off and I am loving it. I think I coul dhave gone another mile at least at the same pace for that tempo run.

No comments:

Post a Comment