As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2.21-2.27

2.21 OFF

2.22 10 miles AM on treadmill at 2% incline in 74 minutes. 5 miles PM in 37 minutes on treadmill at 2% incline.

My legs felt tired in the PM after that 10 mile morning run.

2.23 2 mile warm up. 6 mile tempo run in 33:13 on treadmill at 2% incline, which equates to 32:37 on track and 5:26 pace. 2 mile cool down.

Im psyched with this workout. It was a tough one, but I am constently tacking on 1 extra mile every other week to my tempo runs and keeping the same pace. I could not have done this pace at 3 miles probably just a couple months ago. It is amazing how my threshhold for pain has increased. This was a hard effort workout.

2.24 7 miles on treadmill at 2% incline in 54 minutes.

2.25 4 miles easy on treadmill at 2% incline.

2.26 13 miles in 88 minutes on treadmill at 2% incline.

2.27 11 miles AM on treadmill in 83 minutes. 5 miles PM. 1.25 warm-up. 8 by 400's on treadmill with 35 second recovery. 1.25 mile cool down. Splits were all in 72 as I jacked the treadmill up to 3% incline at 12mph. I would have done 12, but the gym was closing.

65 miles total for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment