As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Monday, January 24, 2011

1.24-1.30

1.24 I may take today off. Running those mountains in Meredith annihilated my calves and legs. I may need to take it easy for a few days. I have logged almost 650 miles in the past 10 weeks, so I need to consider a light week maybe this week to recover. I'll see how I feel later today.

OFF

1.25 OFF.

I decided to take today off, too. My legs felt heavy and I know deep down I need a couple days to recover from the past few weeks of hard running. Tomorrow, I'll be ready to get back to it. This week is strictly recovery with maybe one tempo run on Thursday.

1.26 2 miles warm up. then 4 mile tempo in 22:12 on treadmill at 2%, which translates to 5:27 mile pace outside. 2 miles cool down.

8 miles total
I did this same workout 2 weeks ago and was 10 seconds slower, so maybe this was a decent workout. It was definitely not easy. I put in a serious effort.

1.27 12 miles on treadmill at 2% incline in 82:15. 41:50 first 6. 40:25 lst 6.

1.28 7 miles in 49:50 on treadmill (2% incline) with 6 strides.

1.29 12 mile progression run in 78:10 outside. I started out at 7:15 pace and slowly worked my pace down. First 6 miles in 41:15. Next 6 miles in 36:55 with last 3 miles in 6:12, 5:55, 5:33. I felt smooth and relaxed although my left shin was a bit tight.

1.30 6 miles AM in 46:16 on treadmill at 2%. I felt sore and sluggish for this morning run. 5 miles PM with 8 strides on treadmill (2% incline) in 32:37.

50 miles Total.
This was a recovery week for me. Back to the grind tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment