As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Monday, October 4, 2010

10.4-10.10

10.4 6 miles in 46:58. On trails and still in Stowe. I am leaving Stowe later today (unfortunately).

10.5 5 miles total. 1 mile warm up. 2 by 400's with 200m recovery in 66, 67. 1 mile and then another 400 in 66. Then 2 miles with 4 100 meter strides all out in last mile.

Clearly, my legs are fried from the last 3 months of training. It is important i do some sort of speed training now, but I need to cut my distance in half for the next week or two to get my legs back. I am bummed, but I really trained very hard this summer without the proper base. Cardio-wise, I feel great--but my legs are just heavy as all hell all the time. After some research into this, I think I need to simply back off for right now.

10.6 5 miles easy--35 minutes

10.7 OFF

10.8 5 Miles am Easy. 6 Miles afternoon. I started out my first .25 mile in 1:41 and then just started to work my way down. I ended up running 4 miles in 22:41. I then did 400 200's with 200 recovery jogs at 28, 29, 30, 29 I cooled down 1 mile. My legs feel better!

10.9 OFF

10.10 14 miles in 1:32:20. This was under 6:40 pace and felt easy. My legs are obviously back.

41 total miles

No comments:

Post a Comment