As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9.27-10.3

I am taking things a little easy this week, as my legs feel heavy and overall I am feeling some aches and pains. I do not think this will have any long-term effect on my training. I'll still get in 40 to 45 miles this week I think.

9.27 Off Cross trained 25 minutes on an eliptical machine.

9.28 4 miles very easy in 33 minutes or so.

9.29 6 miles in 41 minutes

9.30 4 miles am; PM--1 mile warm up and then 2 1 mile repeats in 5:07, 5:08 with 400 recover jog inbetween with 1.75 cool down 5 miles total.

This pm workout just stunk--but I had insomnia the night before and did not sleep for one second, so that did not help. I am feeling sluggish, but I will try not to read too much into it. I'll do another track workout later this week and expect to do much more and just better overall. I'm in a rut mentally, too, so I'm fighting that as well.

10.1 4 miles in negative splits. 7:25; 6:36: 6:04; 5:26. 25:31 total. My legs definitely felt fresher today. Slowly, I am getting my leg strength back. I am remaining cautious.

Stowe VT
10.2 7 miles in 46:35. First 1.25 miles in 7:33 (lots of hills and on trails); then .75 in 5:13; then 1.25 in 6:17 (All out as fast as I could go); then 3.75 in a fairly steady pace. Lots of hills and at one point I ran 1.2 miles straight uphill. Fairly brutal.

10.3 5 miles AM in 38 minutes, 11 miles PM in 75:09. Lots of hills and on trails.

46 miles total

There is no doubt I am in a rut mentally and physically. But this weekend rejuvenated me a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment