As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10.25-10.31

10.25 10 Miles in 71 minutes. Per advice offered from Bob Wiles, I resisted the temptation to try and race the clock or anything like that. I need to learn that easy days are easy days. It is about getting the mileage in, not beating the clock!

10.26 6.5 miles in 45:19. I again ran easy and may take off tomorrow or only run 3 or 4 miles.

10.27 6 miles in 49 minutes. I am just taking it easy now and allowing my legs to recover, which is something I really must do as I taper for the half marathon. I am feeling stronger, but understand that I must recover from this point forward. I'll do a track workout this weekend and see where I am at, but I suspect I'll be much faster than I have been able to muster the last 6 weeks because I have just been beating my legs up.

10.28 I planned on taking today off, but stepping outside after work I had to go for a run. 5 easy miles in 42 minutes--then I worked out and lifted wieghts and did the eliptical for a hard 18 minutes. My legs feel good.

10.29 4.5 miles in 36:34. 15 minutes on the eliptical.

10.30 OFF

10.31 5 miles in 41:27. 20 Minutes on eliptical.

37 miles total

I am going with my gut and just going easy for this week. I think less is more for me. If I am going to be ready for 11.14, I need to be fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment