As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Monday, September 20, 2010

9.20-9.26

9.20 OFF

9.21 8.5 miles in 56 minutes. This was about 6:30 pace and felt pretty easy. I know I need to be careful and not overdo it else I run the risk of burning myself out after last week's 80 mile week, which was an all-time record.

9.22 10 miles in 63:39. I ran through New Castle after work--and this was again faster than I really should have done. After reading Bob Wiles' comment, I really do need to learn to take those recovery days, especially after last week. Today--I plan on taking it easy and may have to since I need to attend an Open House at school tonight.

9.23 4 miles (33 minutes)

9.24 10 Miles (74:10)

9.25 5 miles AM (42 minutes) 10 Miles PM (73:29)

9.26 3 miles easy. Recovery Day

50.5 miles total Overall, I have to view this as a recovery week after the prior week of 80 plus miles. I felt pretty sluggish this week, but am happy I got in 3 runs of 10 miles, as I definitely want to make sure I am incorporating multiple runs each week in the double digits. I'll take it easy the first couple of days in terms of speed the following week and then hit some monster track workouts toward the end. I am heading to Vermont next weekend so I am going to do some trail running, which should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Rob! As you can see, the results are coming. Like you say, don't overcook yourself though. Nobody likes tough and dry steak! Let the hard efforts marinade with a couple of easy days after them and then hop back on the grill! OK, this analogy is making me hungry, I better stop now. Great work though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob--you are right. I need to learn to take those easy days. I liked your analogy, though!

    ReplyDelete