As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

7.26-8.1

7.26 9 miles (64 minutes) This felt great. My first 5.5 miles were in about 41 minutes and then the last 3.5 were in 23 with very little increased effort. Im tinkering with my stride and leg speed in order to create a more efficient running style. I'm feeling good.

7.27.10 7 miles total.
1.5 warm up then track workout with 400 recovery in between (2:30) 2000m, 1600m, 1200m at 6:35,5:13, 3:51. 1.75 cool down. I was a little bummed by this workout, but I have been doing a lot of speedwork lately--and this is probably pretty good, but Im being hard on myself. All in all, this is a definite improvement over what i could have done a couple weeks ago.

7.28.10 6 miles (AM) in 44 minutes...9 Miles PM (66 minutes)

Im heading on vacation today for 10 days, so I hope to be able to ramp the mileage up a bit. I need to lighten up on the track workouts to maybe just 1 per week. Ill cross train, too, in the coming 10 days with some mountain biking. Im starting to feel a real groove and working through the feeling of tired, heavy legs.

7.29.10 6 miles total 42 minutes. Im on vacation now so running in strange places. I ran loops around the campground. Each loop was .4 miles. I ran .8 miles slow and then .4 mile in roughly 2:05, which is about 5:10 mile pace.

Stowe, VT

Im doing trail running now while on vacation.

7.30.10 10 miles in 75 minutes. Massive hills.

7.31.10 4.5 miles in 35 minutes (am). 6 miles in 45 minutes.

8.1.10 6.5 miles in 44 minutes (am---2.5 miles warmup, 2 mile temp in 11:30 (very rough trail), then2 miles cool down). 7 miles in 54 minutes (pm)

71 miles this week! All-time record! I broke my weekly record by 10 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment