As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

5.7-5.13

5.7 8 miles easy treadmill.

5.8 3 miles warm up on treadmill at 2% incline. Then 13 by quarter miles at 78 seconds with 30 seconds rest in between for a total of 4.3 miles in 24:27. 6.7 miles cool down.

14 miles total. hard effort for me.

5.9 10 miles easy.

5.10 9.1 mile outside easy.

5.11 13 miles easy on treadmill at 2% incline.

5.12 3.2 miles easy AM. 3 miles easy pm.

6.2 miles total.

5.13 16 miles in 2:05. easy effort--but up in Meredith with lots of mountains. 4.7 miles early PM. 4 miles early evening in the rain.

24.7 miles total.

85 miles total running with 20 miles biking

No comments:

Post a Comment