As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Sunday, March 4, 2012

2.27-3.4

I have been sick the last few days and am feeling worse and worse--ugh.

2.27 8.5 miles AM outside around Kittery with a friend.

9.5 miles PM on treadmill at 2.5% incline for the warm up and cool down. 2.5 miles warm up. 4 miles with hills in 25:55: I alternated between 200 meters at 10.2 MPH (8% incline) and 200 meters at about 8.4 MPH (2% incline). Hard session and I do not feel well at all with this cold. 2.5 miles cool down.

2.28 10 miles PM on treadmill at 2% incline in slightly under 64 minutes.

2.29 6 miles AM treadmill at 2% incline in 43:30.

I skipped my PM run--I just felt too sick.

3.1 15 miles AM treadmill at 2% incline in 1:46:50. Raging snowstorm outside and I still do not feel good--I have no energy.

3.2 11 miles outside around the neighborhood in 86:38.

3.3 2 miles warm up on treadmill at 2% incline. 4 mile tempo run in 21:28 (5:22 pace). 4 miles cool down at 7 minute pace.

10 miles total AM.

At first, I was bummed about this workout, but I have no energy from this cold and this is 45 seconds faster than I did last year for the same workout--I guess it is decent.

5 miles PM outside in 34:25. Last quarter in 76---I started out at 6:20 pace and worked my way down to 4:35 pace and maintained my form and stayed relaxed as best I could.

15 miles total.

3.4 10 miles AM treadmill at 2% incline in 72 minutes. 6 miles PM in 43 minutes on treadmill.

16 miles total.

91 miles for the week and I was sick the entire week.

No comments:

Post a Comment