As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2.20-2.26

2.20 2.5 miles warm-up. 4 by 1200's with 80 seconds rest. 3:47, 3:46, 3:46, 3:46. 3.75 miles in 20:34. I was at 18:57 for 3.5 miles, which is 5:25 pace. 2.75 cool down.

9 miles total.

Abominable workout--I felt like crap. What a bummer. I did the same workout last year, but faster and with less rest--although I think I went faster on my recoveries. I have to remember I am way above last year's mileage and training differently--but I need to incorporate more speed work in either case.

2.21 6 miles on treadmill (2% incline) in 39 minutes. I need to take it easier in terms of mileage this week.

2.22 5 miles easy.

2.23 12 miles total. 2 miles warm up. On treadmill at 2% incline, I alternated fast quarters in 73 seconds followed by recoveries of half miles in 2:50. I did 10 quarter miles fast and ended up at 7.5 miles in 40:32 (5:24 average). 2.5 miles cool down.

I am ecstatic about this workout. I felt very strong and relaxed nearly the whole time. Next time I do this workout I will be decreasing my rest--first time I was able to do ten of these!

2.24 15 miles treadmill at 2% incline in 1:49:15.

2.25 15 miles treadmill at 2% incline in 1:48:57.

2.26 13 miles treadmill at 2% incline in 1:31:15.

75 miles total for the week. Sort of a recovery week with one okay speed workout and a great workout on Monday. I needed to scale back my mileage a little bit. My legs feel cooked--but even a couple days of recovery helped my legs feel insanely strong on Thursday. I am going to tear up the seacoat this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment