As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

6.13-6.19

6.13 OFF I had a slight migraine today and felt crummy overall, so I made the difficult decision to take the day off.

6.14 Apparently, I have more than a migraine and had a fever today, but felt compelled to run. I gutted this one out even though I had no energy.

2 mile warm up. 4 by 1600m with 200m recovery (average of 62 seconds). 5:12, 5:15, 5:13, 5:15. 1.35 mile cool down. 7.85 total miles.

I think this is actually a decent workout given how I felt and the short rest. I have never done mile repeats with only 200 meter recovery jogs. My goal was 5:15, so I think this was pretty decent. I was originally hoping to do 5 repeats, but was smart enough to know when to quit after the 4th one based on how I felt (terrible stomach ache and diahrrea).

6.15 7.5 miles in 56:20. I still feel awful and have a terribly upset stomach--total bummer for training purposes.

6.16 I have had diarhhea all week--this is terrible.

I struggled through another track workout today in the heat and really am way off physically, but the effort was solid if not the splits.

2 miles warm up. 400,800,1200,1600 with 200m recovery jogs. 3 minutes rest to get water. 4 by 200's with 200m recovery jogs. 71, 2:33. 3:54, 5:21. 34,33,33,32. 1 mile cool down.

I was wiped and just dont feel good at all with my stomach problems.

7 miles total.

6.17 3.65 miles easy AM. I feel slightly better today, but still terribly dehydrated.--UGH!

8.4 miles early PM in 57:45 with Fergus Cullen (great guy).

3.95 miles early evening.

16 miles total.

6.18 I finally feel fairly normal.

5.65 miles in 35:26 (6:16 pace). First half mile in 3:40. I then picked it up and ran around street of downtown Dover while waiting for Duncan's championship baseball game (they lost). Next 3 miles in 19 minutes. Last 2.15 at a faster pace, but still controlled in 12:46. I felt more like myself today. Honestly, I have felt very physically not myself with my stomach bug. I just wanted to go at a harder, but still relaxed pace for this morning's run and see how I felt. I didnt realize just how slow I felt all week until today.

6.19 2 mile warm up. 5k Margarita father day race--16:26 (2nd place) 2 mile cool down. 7 miles total.

After 5 days of diahreaa and not feeling well this week, I had absolutely nothing in my legs today--nothing. I actually almost quit halfway through, because I felt so putrid. Anyhow, I finished it, but had no business trying to race after being sick nearly the entire week and living in the bathroom.

5 mile PM in 35:47.

12 miles for the day.

56 miles total for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment