As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3.7-3.13

It appears my right left pinky toe is not in the best shape. It is swollen and not looking great. It's been hurting periodically for the last 10 days. We will see if it gets any better.

3.7 10 miles treadmill at 2% incline in 78 minutes.

3.8 3 miles easy on treadmill at 2% incline in 23 minutes. 8 miles PM on Treadmill at 2% incline in 62 minutes.

Something is obviously not right with my left pinky toe. I almost had to stop running a few minutes into the run. I am concerned.

3.9 10 miles treadmill at 2% incline. 64:58. I started at 7 minute pace and worked down to 5:50. My foot still isnt right.

3.10 OFF

3.11 4 miles easy on treadmill.

3.12 5 miles outside in 31:48. I started out at 7:20 and ended up at about 5:30 for the last mile with 2:38 for the final 800 and 70 for the last 400. My foot feels a little better but I am fighting a nasty cold. This is clearly not a great week of running.

5 miles pm treadmill at 2% incline in 37:30.

3.13 8 miles on treadmill in 58 minutes.

53 miles for week

Between my pinky toe, getting sick, and having my legs feel like lead-injected rods, this was a great week--not! Well, I have been pushing it lately, so I think my body was telling me to back off a little bit. We'll see if I can get rolling again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment