As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

3.14-3.20

3.14 11 miles total. 2 miles warm up. 2 by 3 mile repeats with 800 recovery jog (about 4:30). I did this on a treadmill at 2% incline in 16:21 and 16:25, which equates to 16:06 and 16:09 on track. I thought it was originally 16:03 and 16:07 equivalent until I looked at a treadmill conversion chart. 2.5 mile cooldown.

I am pretty pleased with this effort. The second repeat was tough. I thought I should be able to do faster, but I guess not. My goal was to be right at 16 minutes even.

3.15 8 miles easy on treadmill at 2% incline in 61 minutes.

3.16 6 miles easy

3.17 14 miles total. 1 mile warmp up; 12 miles on treadmill at 2% incline in 71:18, which equates to 69:54 on track. 1 mile cool down.

This was a tough effort workout. I generally take 3 easy days after a hard workout, but I went with this only after 2 easy days. I had never done a 12 mile tempo before, so I think this was solid. 5:49 average per mile.

3.18 6 miles (AM) outside in 41:55. 5 miles (PM) outside in 32 minutes.

3.19 4 miles (AM) outside in 26:30. 10 miles PM outside in 64:18. I started out in 6:55 and worked my way down to about 6 minute a mile pace with seemingly the same effort. My treadmill times and runs this winter seem to mirror what still feels comfortable outside. Outside might even feel easier. Tonight's run had lots of hills in it.

3.20 7 miles (AM) treadmill at 2% incline in 54 minutes. 9 miles outside PM in 61:49.

80 miles for week

Very solid week. 2 hard workouts and runs at faster paces than usual that felt easy until tonight. My legs were shot tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment