As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

11.29-12.5

11.29 OFF

11.30 6 miles in 45 minutes

12.1 4 miles AM in 27:48. 8 miles PM (53:24) Last 2 miles in 12:13, last mile in 5:38. I just wanted to switch gears at the end.

12.2 9 miles total. Before I go into my workout, I went back into an old workout on my gps watch before my half marathon and realized my 5 mile tempo run where I thought I did 26:24 was actually 19 laps instead of 20. I lost count I guess. Hence, that might explain why I did not feel as strong in the race as I might have expected.

Anyhow, Im feeling great now and ran a really good workout today and I did not lose count of my laps and my watch bears this out! 1/2 mile warm up and then 8 mile tempo run with splits of 5:37,5:34,5:36,5:36,5:36,5:35,5:34,5:26 (44:34). 1/2 mile cooldown. This is by far the fastest 6 or 7 or 8 miles in a row I have ever run. Honestly, I felt pretty good until the 7th mile and then in my 8th I was feeling aerobically challenged. This is most likely about a 5:40 mile pace outside since I ran this on a treadmill at only 1% incline. I still think this is solid, though. Since the half, I have trained seriously so next week I'll take a recovery week to give myself a rest somewhat.

A lot of this is really mental. I need to power through these faster workouts--but training by myself all the time is rough. But by the spring, I expect big things.

12.3 12 miles in 87:42.

12.4 3 easy miles

12.5 6 miles AM in 37:50. 7 miles PM in 48:35.

55 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment