As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Thursday, January 5, 2012

1.2-1.8

1.2 5.5 miles treadmill (2% incline) easy.

1.3 7 miles easy on treadmill(2% incline).

1.4 Unscheduled progression run and my legs felt like junk--I kind of copped out at the end. I did this on the treadmill at 2% incline. 7.5 miles total (1st 3 in 22:11, next 3 in 17:52, last 1.5 in 8:11) in 48:17. 1.5 miles cool down.

9 miles total.

It is clear I need to reintroduce speed workouts into my routine. I have lost some speed and my legs are a little rubbery with the increased miles I am doing. This needs to be a recovery week in temrs of total mileage.

1.5 12 miles total. On the treadmill. First two miles were nice and easy in 15:13 and then I sped up a little to about 13:35 for the next two miles and then 51:20 for the next 8 miles. 80:08 for 12 miles total. I felt like total junk tonight. I was exhausted and was not obviously trying all that hard, but I swear I dont think I could have gone much faster. Junk workout.

1.6 7 miles total on the treadmil at my customary 2% incline. I started out in 7:50 and worked my way down to a final quarter mile in 73 seconds. Total time was 45:19--a shade under 6:30. I felt great.

1.7 5.2 miles AM in 34:57. I started out close to 8 and just stated to work my way down. I never lost my breath, though. 7 miles PM in 48:25. Last mile in 5:54. I never lost my breath. I started out slow and ended up at 6 minute pace and it felt easy.

11 miles total.

1.8 11 miles AM EASY in 82 minutes. 5 miles PM treadmill easy in about 36:30. 16 miles total.

68.7 miles total for the week. Decent recovery week. I discovered a new dirt mini-track (200 meters) at a nearby elementary school, so I am going to be able to squeeze in more track workouts. For now, I am still concentrating on longer runs and more mileage. 68.7 miles is pretty good for a recovery week.

No comments:

Post a Comment