As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

7.11-7.17

7.11 8 miles easy (59 minutes).

7.12 10.5 miles (73 minutes). Kind of a brutal run in the heat--I was drained.

7.13 4.5 miles warm up. Then 5.75 mile tempo at 5:45-5:50 pace on UNH Trails with Dan Hocking and some UNH Cross Country team guys. They finished up a little bit ahead of me, so my tempo was longer because I was trying to catch up to them and got a little lost on the way to catch them. 2.75 mile cool down. My legs were jello from the day before. I should have been faster, but my legs were toast--but the effort was solid.

13 miles total.

7.14 7.5 miles easy.

7.15 5.5 miles AM easy. 7.5 miles PM easy. 2 mile cooldown with Gustave and my yongest son riding his bike.

15 miles total.

7.16 4.5 AM easy. 5.5 PM easy.

10 miles total.

7.17 4.5 AM easy. 3.5 miles with strides early PM. 4 miles late PM Easy.

12 miles total.

76 miles total for the week with one solid tempo and a 10 miler in extreme heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment