As a youth, I ran, yet I did not exist in a sense. 19 years passed. Today, I exist in one sense because I must run. Perhaps I run to escape the futility of my existence. Perhaps not. In either case, this blog, or whatever it is, will serve to chronicle my training as a runner, my development as a man, and ultimately my demise as a human, because all things pass, fade, retreat into the horizon--and while we run, as we run, the mirage that is the shimmering, glimmering future continues to assert itself just out of reach. And yet, as this picture up above connotes, it may still be beautiful. And so the question may be what is IT? What is it? What is IT?

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

8.23-8.29

8.23 10.3 miles (70:20) I felt like complete garbage. That 21 miler caught up to me. I may take the 24th off to try and recuperate, but my legs felt like lead.

8.24.10 4 miles in 31 minutes. I felt sluggish again and will take off today at least for some recovery. I don't feel like this is a big deal. I simply need to rest a little bit. Im heading up north to northern Maine this weekend and looking forward to doing some trail running.

I'll plan on maybe just getting in 45 miles or so this week--maybe 50.

8.25 OFF

8.26 1 mile warm up; 3 mile temp in 16:27; 1.75 miles cool down. I'm bummed about this workout, but I still felt sluggish. That 21 miler and 14 miler back to back really took something out of me.

8.27 Up in northern maine. 2 miles in 15 minutes and then 2.1 in 12:04. 2.4 miles cool down 6.5 total. I felt a little better today.

8.28 11 miles on trails in northern maine woods in 81 minutes. 5 miles mountain biking and 6 miles hiking.

8.29 9 miles in 67 minutes.

46.5 miles this week Kind of a lost week in a sense, but maybe I am being overly dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment